Sunday, February 7, 2010

Today was interesting cause my legs just would not do what I wanted them to do.

6x400m

10x7m hurdle jumps
( if you don't know what that is it's just putting hurdles back to back about a foot apart and jumping them with both feet progressively.) These are actually one of my favorite things and should be put into a met-con cause they would demonstrate serious explosiveness, balance and stability even better than box jumps.

5x7m walking hurdles
(just take the hurdles and put them about a foot apart and walk over them slowly. This is done when you have injuries and done for injury prevention. It's also a good warm-up technique.)

5x Bleachers

Then I ran a little with my dad to cool down/warm-up.

21-15-9
Pull-ups
Burpees
(5:10)

The met-con today was interesting because I was on a monkey bar rack for football, and did the burpees in the dirt and mud out in 45 degree weather. It was the ultimate in CrossFit, because it was done way outside my comfort zone. The ground sucked and the bar was freezing and to thick to wrap a thumb around so it was like a rock climbing grip on the bar. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment